225 g yellow lentils
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
75 g butter
½ teaspoon cumin seeds
1 medium onion, sliced
2 tomatoes, chopped
2 cloves garlic, sliced fine
1 green chilly chopped
1 tablespoon fine chopped coriander leaves
Salt to taste
- Rinse the lentils under running water, and then put into a pan with the turmeric, salt to taste and enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil
- add chopped.tomatoes
- Turn down the heat and simmer, stirring from time to time, until they are soft
- Meanwhile, make a spiced butter by heating the butter in shallow pan.
- Add the cumin seeds and cook for a few sounds, then add the onion and garlic.
- Cook, until both are golden brown, stirring so they do not burn.
- Add the chilly and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the butter over the top and serve garnished with coriander leaves.
- Serve warm with rice or roti